Friday, January 15, 2016

How Are You Feeling?

The grade 1s have been talking a great deal about our feelings. We have been doing lots of role playing and we are getting very good at being able to tell how a person is feeling by looking at someone's face and by looking at how a person moves their body. Everyone has different feelings. We will be talking more about identifying our feelings and strategies to help us deal with them. We watch this video called, "Just Breathe" often to as we discuss how we are feeling.


Here are our thoughts:
When I breathe in my nose and out my mouth I will be calmer. -Brady
When I am very excited I have to take a breath to help me calm down. -Landyn
When I am angry I punch a pillow. -Levi
I take three breaths to calm myself down. -Cody
When I am mad I have to breathe in and out and close my eyes. -Bapreet
I don't get mad a lot. I feel happy. -Jake
I can take breaths to feel better. -Russell L.
When I get mad I need to remember to take a deep breath. -Callum
If I feel bad I don't like being mad. I could take a deep breath. -Gavin
If I am angry I go in a quiet spot or I punch a pillow. -Josh
I take three breaths. -Ethan
When I get mad I go to my room for a bit and I sit on my bed. -Eliza
Sometimes I get mad so I calm myself down my taking a deep breath. -Zachary
Sometimes when I get mad I go to my room and lay down for a little bit and watch T.V. -Sierra
When I get angry I walk away. -Naomi
When I am mad sometimes I react. I could go in my room and breathe. -Cady
When I get mad I go and take a break in a quiet space. -Anna

Sometimes we are too upset to talk to someone and that's when things are said or done which may lead to hurt feelings. We need to calm ourselves so we are ready to speak and listen to each other respectfully. This takes practice. I know we are all working hard at finding strategies to calm ourselves so we are ready to learn and behave positively.
Remember to breathe.
-Mrs. T :)

No comments:

Post a Comment